When I see you now, we are eye to eye. When I find the need to scold you or make my point I find myself standing up straighter and taller in hopes of still having an inch over you height wise.
That's so not happening.
When you stepped off the bus you seemed changed -- grown up even. Messenger bag slung over your shoulder, a look of resignation almost as you stepped into the car. When I asked you how your day was it was then that you let those hot wet tears escape from your waiting eyes.
It was the last day of school. The last day of 3rd grade, the last day you would attend your little country school near our home.
You've been there for three years, since the first grade when you were the new kid on the block. Watching you grow and become the big man on campus has feel amazing, sad, and frustrating all at the same time. The time for me is flying by too darn fast if you ask me. I know I am going to turn around and you will be 18 and we will be taking you to college.
No more public hugs or kisses. That's devastating. You still like to snuggle with your Mom at home -- but you are now a big kid and big kids don't hug their mom's in front of their friends.
Nope nope
You are funny, witty, thoughtful and loving. You are now beginning to care about how you look, what you wear, and how you smell.
No longer are you 2 or 3 or even 4. You are 9 going on 19 and its killing me.
2 days ago





5 comments:
Oh dear, been there and done that ... twice.
It is always so bittersweet, watching them grow into lovely grown up sorts of people :)
But the good news... from this Mom ... with one of Those boys... there comes a day, when all of a sudden... it is OK to hug him and kiss him and act like you know him, in front of people .. so hold tight to that thought.. He will always love his mom.
Truly lovely tribute to your son.
Awww.......**hugs**
Okay, I'll be cliche here, they get sooo big, sooo fast! I can't get over how fast mine have grown and I'm dreading the day my oldest gets taller than me...which I know isn't too far off. But, young, older, or adult, they're still our kidlets and we can still love 'em like crazy! :>
Stopping by from Write on Edge! :>
They just get big too fast. Devastating is totally the right word.
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...