Oh Jesus.
That's pretty much all I have uttered for the past ten days. Do you all remember 2 years ago when I fell on my right shoulder and royally screwed it up? Well, I have done it yet again. However, it's the LEFT freaking shoulder.
The saddest part about all of this is that I don't even know how I did it. Ten days ago it just began to hurt to the point I was literally shrieking.
My official diagnosis is Calcific tendonitis. This is a condition that causes the formation of a small, usually about 1-2 centimeter size, calcium deposit within the tendons of the rotator cuff.
These deposits are usually found in patients at least 30-40 years old, and have a higher incidence in diabetics. The calcium deposits are not always painful, and even when painful they will often spontaneously resolve after a period of 1-4 weeks.
Well I am over 40 and not a diabetic. So I don't fit the bill. My calcium deposit is huge. If this doesn't resolve itself within the next two weeks then it's surgery time which scares the crap out of me.
ugh.
These deposits are usually found in patients at least 30-40 years old, and have a higher incidence in diabetics. The calcium deposits are not always painful, and even when painful they will often spontaneously resolve after a period of 1-4 weeks.
Well I am over 40 and not a diabetic. So I don't fit the bill. My calcium deposit is huge. If this doesn't resolve itself within the next two weeks then it's surgery time which scares the crap out of me.
ugh.





5 comments:
Hey Marna writing buddy! I'm so sorry you're having trouble leaving comments on my site. I actually thought it was pretty lacking in the comment section for what I usually get on Friday's so I'm glad to know it might be the computer. I'm getting ready to make the switch to wordpress so hopefully all these little kinks work themselves out!!! I'm sorry to hear about your possible surgery and I hope you feel better. On a more positive note, I'm so excited about the writing group! I absolutely can't wait to get my butt in gear!
xoxo
Cat
Wow, that sucks so much. I hope it gets better quickly!
I'm so sorry that you're in pain!!!! My prayers are with you...
that's not the kind of news I want to hear. Good luck...hope it resolves itself before surgery is necessary.
I think I "feel your pain". It did something to my left shoulder and it started acting up about 3 weeks after my hip surgery. I 'think' I was putting way too much weight on my left arm while using my walker, then the cane and just getting in & out of bed and chairs. I haven't done any research and sure as heck am not gonna ask my DR about it! Hoping it will go away :). And by now I should know better, huh? I sure hope yours goes away, Sweetie!! ♥
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...