9.14.2011

When Life Makes No Sense

I understand the need for death. We are born, we live, we grow old, our bodies wear out, we die. As Elton John sings about - "The Circle of Life" What I don't understand is when children die either of injury, accident, abuse, or illness. It's not right that kids die regardless of their age. One blogger I read Anna lost her son Jack in Northern Virginia during a flood. I thought about this family all weekend and especially on the 12th as they held services to say a final goodbye to their beloved Jack. My heart is so so heavy.

Losing my son is something I can't fathom. I cannot wrap my brain around it. I know the reality is we have no control. We can pray, we can hope, we can want our children to be safe, to live to be old old old men and women that have lived long and productive lives with a mate and big family. We protect them to the best of our abilities but at the end of the day we really have no control.

And Anna is going through every mother's worst nightmare.

And again, my heart is heavy for her, her husband and her daughter Margaret. No one should have to lay their child to rest ever.

Regardless of your faith, your belief system, or non-belief system, please go over to Anna's site, and show her your support -- envelop her in your good thoughts, wishes, prayers, or whatever, she and her family need our love and support right now.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I paid her a visit.

Terri said...

I'm going over to visit and leave a comment too.

Cat said...

I know. I love Anna too. I've been completely devastated by this so I can only imagine how she feels. Many tears have been shed. If you read a few weeks back on my blog, I almost had a similar fate during a flash flood here in Grenada. It was the most terrifying experience of my life --- and so it hurt even more to hear this is how sweet Jack died. And it made me frustrated and questioning - why him and not me. I know we'll never get the answers to these questions. My heart aches for Anna. She is one of my favorite bloggers.

Post a Comment

beam me your thoughts...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Karina Designs Purple Love kit.