I was thinking about happiness and what I'd be happy with. Oh and I was thinking why sometimes it's hard for me to get along with others. (I think really I should have a sweatshirt made that says "Doesn't play well with others")
I caught Oprah the other day and Rosie was on. She was talking about pain and hurt and rage. And the word rage really caught my attention. And how instead of being courageous and telling someone "Hey you hurt me" she became enraged and crazy because it was easier than doing the brave thing (crying) and saying "You hurt my feelings and you hurt me".
Because that's me. It's far easier and my initial knee jerk reaction to deflect my feelings, tell others what they should be doing, always have an answer for everything, and be angry instead of being brave and saying "You know what? I don't know, or that hurts, please don't hurt me."
So I am going to really try and say "I don't know" and "You hurt me" when I don't know and I am hurt rather than covering it all up.
Baggage stinks.
2 days ago





2 comments:
I am learning to tell people when they hurt me. It's a hard process, but it works. They are grateful for the honesty.
do it. Life is TOO short to keep things bottled up.
too. damn. short.
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...