2.14.2010

Stupersistions

"Stupid-stitions"


I spelled superstitions incorrectly on purpose. You see our family (save for my partner) has this weird feeling about the month of February. Bad things happen to our family in February. I am not sure why. I wonder if it's just me being stupid and traumatized by some things that have happened in February and so I think February is a bad month all the way around.

My first recollection of something bad happening was the death of my Grandmother way back in 1970. My father and his mother were terribly close -- and her death impacted him in such a way that it's hard to explain. He changed.

Then we had an other Grandma die in February. However, more importantly pretty much anything icky health wise that's happened to my father has happened in February. It's a laundry list for God's sakes.

So why I am talking about February? I got to take an ambulance ride of all things. I thought I was having a heart attack -- turned out not to be a heart attack -- thank God. Low potassium and a new dx of diabetes. However, it's not something I want to repeat. I think when I was dx'd with blood clots they were in February, many years ago. Oh and I was served divorce papers on Valentines Day 15 years ago.

What I want to know is the breath holding and feeling of impending doom when February rolls around just superstition or is there something to it?

All I know is when March 1st comes and goes I let out an audible sigh of relief.

1 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'd be tempted to take to my bed for the entire month if I were you.

What a relief that it wasn't a heart attack, but I'm sorry about the diabetes.

Post a Comment

beam me your thoughts...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Karina Designs Purple Love kit.