It's not often I have the day to myself. Not often at all. My diabolical plan began to come together when my husband proclaimed he needed a hair cut. I suggested ever so sweetly that he take the boy with him to get his hair cut as well, and while he was at it why didn't the two of them go to their favorite coffee shop down town, have a cup of coffee and have some "man" time together without "mom".
He bought it.
I was so happy.
They left, I took a shower, and proceeded to do zero.
And I mean zero. I ventured out and watch Meet Joe Black and was just as agitated by the movie score today as I was when I first watched it I think in 1998. The movie score was too loud and Brad Pitt didn't speak up enough. However, this time I "got it" at the end of the movie -- DUH!
Then I played Farmville and Treasure Island, and some other ridiculous game, read some journals and then proceeded to go have a pedicure. I took my IPOD so I didn't have to listen to the chitter chatter of the salon employees and I allowed the massage chair to massage massage massage massage.
It was heavenly.
Then I meandered down to the grocery store and got a few things, and then meandered home, and still had 3 hours to myself until my men came home.
They came home bearing gifts which I thought was very nice. I think it was their way of saying "Sorry Mom you didn't get to come along." And the truth was I was really enjoying my time alone today. It seems like I hear all day long is, "Where is this." "Can you fix this for me" "Will you schedule, Can you meet me, I need you to follow-up on, Do you mind holding for a moment? What's my frequent flier mileage number again? Okay goddammit where did my patches go, I KNOW I LEFT THEM ON MY DRESSER (they were found in the bottom of the washer, he left them in his shirt pocket), Mom where's my soccer shorts? Do we have to have this for dinner tonight? Can we please go out? You spent how much on what?"
And the list goes on.
I also work from home full-time and go to school.
So a day of zero, works for me.
Ahhh yes.
2 days ago





2 comments:
I totally understand this post... Sometimes having a day all to yourself is just what the doctor ordered. :)
Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com
Oh man, I remember those days when everyone wanted a tiny bit of you and there was none left at the end of the day.
I also vaguely remember what it was like to be all alone... I am rarely alone .. but I have gotten good at locking myself away and saying " I am working" ...
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...