7.07.2010

Lovely thoughts of summer...

I want to laze around in my pajamas all day. Read a meaningless book. Watch silly movies. Eat popcorn sprinkled with parmesean cheese and eat cherry turn overs. Maybe drink a real coke or two.

But no that's not going to happen. I am going to take a shower, get dressed, do my household chores, go to work, run my child hither and yon, come home, make dinner, do more laundry, lather, wash, rinse, repeat.

It was so much easier when I was a kid and I was bored and the only anxiety I had was whether the Metcalf girls were going to invite me over for lunch or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling!

Notes From ABroad said...

Oh man ... summer for me was running loose like a wild child with the only friends around, a bunch of little boys who lived down at the end of the street. They taught me to catch salamanders in a creek and to walk on fallen trees that were "bridges" and I discovered I could ride the neighbors horse with no saddle ...
Then I got older and discovered Boys.
I was so much better off when I just liked horses.
Happy summer !
(it is winter here.. brrrr)

Post a Comment

beam me your thoughts...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Karina Designs Purple Love kit.