7.30.2010

Netherland Estrogen

Ah you might think this is all about post menopausal nuns who's urine we collected in the 70's for Pergonal, one of the first fertility drugs for women who were going to be artificially inseminated.

But alas - no!

It's about my four "girl" cousins who came "a callin" all the way from the Netherlands.

And can I say we are having an amazing time as they are still here.

We have two generations of cousins at our Casa which is not only fun but incredible to watch and see. My first cousin Cat is here, this is the cousin I grew up with. Our parents are siblings -- and we spent a significant amount of time together as kids.

I then had a child who's a boy, and then my cousin Cat had three girls. A delight of a young woman "Lark" because she sings beautifully like a Lark, her voice trills melodiously each time she sings. And bringing up the rear are a set of identical twins that I refer to as "Pixie and Trixi" because they both are so incredibly cute, funny, and impish.

And then last but not least my Mom's been here to help out.

The house is bubbling over with estrogen, there's no way around it. When the "census" is taken it's 6 women (including myself) and then my son and husband. And I have to say my son has been a trouper being surrounded by all "these women folk" as he so fondly refers to all of us as.

Last evening my sister in law and her two girls came to dinner and to meet the cousins and play. So we added three more "women folk" to the mix.

And then there were eight.

Eight women.

All I can say is

"hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

More to come:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that must have been great having all your favorite female relatives there at one time. Hope you took pictures too.

Anonymous said...

had trouble leaving a comment yesterday....anyway...I hope having this time with your favorite female relatives has been just as much fun as you thought it would be....and hope you took pictures too.

Post a Comment

beam me your thoughts...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Karina Designs Purple Love kit.