and I have joined the ranks of millions of all people on this planet with a chronic illness.
I need a waaaaaambulance.
So what do I have you might be asking? Well, I will tell you -- I have been officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I have been asked a million times over when I first thought something was amiss, wrong, or not quite right -- "When did you first notice symptoms?" That's hard for me to answer because for many years I have been in some sort of physical pain. If it wasn't due to multiple knee injuries, or sprains, it was something to do with my neck, or my back, or something. It never kept me down, I was always on the go. I ate my share of Motrin, or aleve, or Tylenol and continued to plow through. It wasn't until thid ungodly fatigue set in, and my entire body rebelled and said "OKAY THAT IS ENOUGH YOU ARE NOT GETTING OUT OF BED GODDAMIT" that I said up and took notice.
But when that happened, I can't even begin to tell you.
Since then, I have been tromping from doctor to doctor, specialist to specialist all who are quite perplexed with me. This blood level is perfectly normal, while this one is so far off the charts the worry that I have some tropical rare disease is crossing many minds.
But no rare tropical diseases, no cancer, they are on the fence about Rheumatoid Arthritis, positive for Osteo Arthritis, no lupus, no MS -- so now they are fresh out of thoughts and ideas my doctors are came together and said "She's got Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" they go hand in hand.
And so they sent me out the door. With nothing but a pamphlet.
Dr. Google and I are going to resume our long, hot, and heavy affair while I read about this syndrome -- and learn how to deal, cope, and live.
I refuse to let something like this kick my ass.
If my friend Kathy can kick the shit out of breast cancer, I can do this.
Right?
2 days ago





5 comments:
I know a couple of people who have been "diagnosed" with this.....sure hope you can find a way to deal with it.
Absolutely Right !!
Best wishes and I have no doubt that you will find relief and be able to cope just fine. Thank God that those doctors did not come up with something that does have a name ( one that you never want to hear ) .. All the best to you ! C
Well crap. That's not good news! I hope you find lots of helpful information with Dr. Google. xox
Oh, sweetie, that sucks! And it sucks even more how much we pay our doctors or surgeons and we still have to rely on Dr. Google to give us the most information.
Right. I'm really sorry, but I think your attitude kicks ass.
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...