Christmas is now 364 days away...my nice china is washed, dried, and put away. The wine glasses are properly stored until next weekend (waahoo!). All the leftovers have been neatly packed up and stashed in the fridge. My dishwasher is whirring away happily as is my washer and dryer -- and my all time favorite song is blaring through my ear phones.
I am happy because there was no family drama this year -- which is always a nice thing to be grateful for. My in-laws are on their way to Palm Springs, which is some place I'd be happy to go to about now -- the rain and colds really getting to me.
My kid is playing a video game, and my husband is out in the man cave watching Salt I think. I don't know, he just said "I'm going to watch a movie" and I said "Bang bang, bloody, shoot em up movie?" He said "Yup" I said, "See ya" And proceeded to finish up my chores and settle back down into the office.
It's been a weird year. Really weird. Lots of peaks and valley's -- which is fine I guess. More frustrations really.
I'm not quite sure what next year is going to bring but I hope it's lots of fun surprises, wonderful opportunities and no drama.
I can do without drama.
It's been a slow as molasses day.
And I totally love that.
2 days ago





1 comments:
Amen to no drama! Although one sibling declined to come to see the rest of us AGAIN....the rest of us had an enjoyable time. Maybe next year, he will decide he wants to rejoin his family. We also had lunch yesterday with some very dear old friends and all of us resolved that we will get together again very soon. It's just been too many years....
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...