I turned 48 Monday the 9th. It was kind of nice. No fan fare. No big deal. It just quietly turned 48. And while I was reflecting upon being 48 -- as in for the most part I don't feel any different, but when I look in the mirror I know. Oh I know.
And while being 48 is just another number in the grand scheme of things I wonder if things cease being as funny (people, places, things, or situations) because I am older. Or --
* Am I more tolerant
* Am I less mean spirited
* Am I more tenderhearted
* Am I more tired
* Am I more sensitive to other people and their feelings
* Am I less bitter
* Am I less jaded
* Am I less cynical
* Am I just more realistic
* Am I less insecure
I do know that it's not as important to me to be right about everything.
I just need to learn how to love more and love better.
And while being 48 is just another number in the grand scheme of things I wonder if things cease being as funny (people, places, things, or situations) because I am older. Or --
* Am I more tolerant
* Am I less mean spirited
* Am I more tenderhearted
* Am I more tired
* Am I more sensitive to other people and their feelings
* Am I less bitter
* Am I less jaded
* Am I less cynical
* Am I just more realistic
* Am I less insecure
I do know that it's not as important to me to be right about everything.
I just need to learn how to love more and love better.





2 comments:
I'm well over 48 but just had the same thought while looking in the mirror yesterday. I don't FEEL 67 but I do think my age shows more when I am tired. Although all my friends tell me I don't look that old....
And I know I am less stressed about little things most of the time. It just doesn't seem worth the effort to get upset about some of them...
Something to look forward to! I'm still mean...and not tolerant toward much. lol
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...