10.10.2010

Finally....

Oh.My.God

The Italian Consulate.

One - Ms. Anna Maria Stone, Cittadinanza for the Italian Consulate

Many many many emails.

Lot's of misinformation.

Our intentions: To re-establish my husbands Italian citizenship that he has always had, never lost, even though he's an American citizen. He has dual citizenship. We want to establish Italian citizenship for my son, and apply for Italian citizenship for myself because I am married to an Italian born and raised in Italy.

The hoops are so ridiculous that one must schedule an in person visit one to two years in advance to even apply. It's crazy.

All I can tell you is that the Italian consulate is one big unorganized headache. However, after one lovely telephone call from the a lovely young man who knew his stuff . After listening to my husband relate his information this young man stated to my husband not only does he not have to fly to San Francisco for this appointment, he can do it all through mail.

And that's what happens kids when you talk to someone on the telephone instead of emailing.

Oy.

2 comments:

YankeeChick said...

I think it's awesome that you are doing this! How cool for Nic!! I'm glad that it isn't being quite as 'nightmarish' as it originally seemed it would be.

Anonymous said...

You must be thrilled at the news that your plans are coming closer to reality now.

Post a Comment

beam me your thoughts...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Karina Designs Purple Love kit.