10.29.2010

Can it be almost November already?

This is what happens when life gets in the way. All your best laid plans go poof. My intention for this blog was to write everyday.

Every.single.day.

But then "stuff" happens, a crisis, two crisis, several crisis -- some personal, some business, some educational, some fucking stupid. Add to that raising a family, working, and tending to a bunch of other crap and oh yes add Facebook, and guess what there's no time for writing.

So -- while I was circling the school parking lot like a hungry shark looking for a parking place I began to think of several blog topics I could be writing about. One of them is why we get the best ideas to write when we are doing something completely different than writing. This always happens to me and it's really irritating.

I mean for cripes sakes I was conducting important business, I was delivering a turkey my son made for an art project for class:




Pretty spectacular if I do say so myself. He didn't want to do a regular turkey he wanted something different, so we came up with this kind of crazy, psychedelic turkey with real feathers, and quotes about Thanksgiving, with a Las Vegas kind of a tone. I think his teacher loved it.

At any rate, as I was circling the parking lot I was thinking about why when we are focused on one activity why we think of other things we should be doing.


I guess that's how we women can sometimes balance or checkbooks, or create a shopping list in our heads during sex.


Moving on - it's November -- and what the hell have I been doing since August? Traveling for work, flying which I hate, meeting new people which I love, growing my business which is hard work, missing my family which I hate, and doing the single parent thing when my husband travels on business which I like for one day and then I want my husband home.



As I sat and watched the sky go by I wanted to reach out and jump through the clouds like a kid would jump on a trampoline. I forgot for about 3 seconds how frightened I am of flying. But then the fear came back and I took an Ativan and all was well.

That little speck way out in the distance was a mountain top believe it or not. I then began to worry if other mountain tops were sticking up through the clouds and the pilot wouldn't be able to see them and we might hit one and poke a hole in our plane and die.

Ridiculous I know, but I am irrational that way when I am freaking out about things I can't control, like flying at 37,000 feet.

I will never be a good flyer ever.




By the 4th day of my trip I was exhausted, and this is me sans makeup. The eyeliner you see is what's left over from the night before, a hot shower, and a morning scrub. MAC waterproof eye liner doesn't come up, you have to wear it off. It's crazy I tell you. Just insane.


The air conditioner didn't work and so I called engineering up to my room at midnight, it was that bad. And then there were spiders in my room, black ones. I killed them, kept them, and showed them to the hotel manager. He freaked out worse than me.



I will say the food was delicious. d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. I was a good girl and didn't gain anything on my trip which I am forever grateful . We were at a place on the beach in Venice that was utterly amazing. I learned all about wine, body types, and banana hammocks that men wear. It was incredibly educational.

I met more really nice people, and got to see friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and I left with a great sense of accomplishment.

Now it helped I flew first class, had a driver, and my assistant that went with me was easy to travel with, hilarious, and knew Southern California backwards and forwards. All those things helped.




And like all good things, they come to an end, so I found myself at O'Dark O'clock sitting in the lounge at Alaska Airlines waiting to go home.
I was so glad to be home:)

My hope is to write more. But I am not promising anything.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was quite the educational trip you had....guess you got some great Christmas ideas (banana hammocks)
I loved the Turkey-O-Art.....I expect that will be one to keep for years to come.

Post a Comment

beam me your thoughts...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Karina Designs Purple Love kit.