2.15.2011

It's Dark Outside and the Wind's Howling

My entire household is asleep. Even the birds are sawing logs. Everyone is ensconced in the joys of sleep but me.

And I hate it.

I'd give my eye teeth for 8-9 hours of solid, sound, delicious sleep. However, it evades me many nights.

And did I mention I hate it?

Well I do. I hate it.

Everything seems bigger, darker, and way scarier at night. Fevers feel worse, sounds are more intense, pain is worse and the hours seem to drag and it's often extremely lonely.

Even with the low din of the television in the background I can hear Mother Nature rearing her ugly head.

Tonight she sounds really pissed off.

The wind is howling, the rain is pelting itself against the window and the house is groaning in protest under the wiles of the storm that's whirling about it's shutters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had a couple of those very long nights myself lately. Too much on my mind. Hope your bad nights soon pass....

anymommy said...

I know this is from a while ago, but I have insomnia and I feel this. The wee hours of the night are awful times to be awake.

Post a Comment

beam me your thoughts...

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Karina Designs Purple Love kit.