Many months ago in a moment of frustration I opened my mouth and made a statement about an individual that was repeated to her; and while my basis for saying that I felt at the time on the mark, it was a stupid thing to say as well as the wrong thing to say.
So I wrote to a friend of mine who's very smart about such things, as I was beating myself up pretty darn badly for upsetting this other person -- and this person said:
"Here's my thought. People say stupid stuff at the wrong time to the wrong person all the time. Everybody does it. You apologized." (Which I did, I took responsibility, it was said, I said it, it was passed on to her and it really hurt her feelings.) And my friend closed with: "You're never going to keep your mouth shut. Neither is anybody else. Give yourself the same amount of slack they themselves." And she's right. Everyone says stupid stuff as at the wrong time to the wrong person -- but I still feel like a shithead. I know how I'd feel if my character was questioned.
My hope is this too shall pass.
And damn family dynamics and sometimes in-laws are such a pain in the ass.
2 days ago





2 comments:
Your page is completely screwed up! Just so you know. I had to read your post on my phone. And yes...we all screw up. Forgive yourself. It makes it easier when the time comes to forgive others.
I've been having trouble with other blog pages too so I don't think it is just yours.
However, back to the theme of this blog...I agree....We all have said and done things that we regret. If we make a sincere apology and it isn't accepted; then they weren't your friend to begin with. I'm sure, if truth was told, they have done the same thing. It's a learning experience and the next time; you may think twice before saying whatever it was. I know from my own experiences that words do come out of our mouths that we wish we could take back.
Post a Comment
beam me your thoughts...